Originally Posted by gundoc
I have asked this question in the past and herd nothing but crickets.

Why do Kahles, S&B some Zeiss, have such a good name when they - at least the ones I have shot have - been cloudy and /or did not have edge to edge clarity? The Kahles and S&B both looked distorted unless the target was directly in the center of the sight picture. It's the same type of distortion I've seen in lower end scopes. Both were cloudy or at least not as bright as my Vortex PST scope. The Zeiss - I believe it was a Diavari - was just distorted.

This may not be the norm, but it's all have to go on. I am by far no expert when it comes to scopes, but I know what looks clear and bright to my eye.

I have a buddy with a Swaro Z6 he got this past Christmas that is distorted on the edges on the high end of the zoom range too.

It just seems to me, for the price they command, they would be perfect. I mean heck, my Vortex PST is clear edge to edge throughout the zoom range and clear for less than 1/3 the price.

I have not noticed this with any of the ones that I have, but mine are all older ones with 30mm main tubes