Originally Posted by Clem
Originally Posted by centralala
Now, the threat of reduced season and bag limits.

Y'all really think either of these would happen?

I think it's a certainty, and part of the plan from the beginning.

It sure looked like to me that he planned to reduce the turkey limit, based on all the things he said at the CAB meeting a few years back. I don't think he expected such an uproar from the hunting community and he had to back off. But with GC "proving" that the turkey harvest is only 9000, instead of the 40,000 the hunter survey estimated, he will have more ammunition the next time he brings it to the CAB.

His public comments made me believe that he really wants to reduce the turkey limit and shorten the season, but I don't know if he has such a strong desire to cut back on deer. They have already extended the season on his watch; gonna make him look silly to turn around and cut back now. So I think we see changes in turkey regs soon; maybe a little longer on deer. I could be wrong.

I wonder what the "scientific survey" is that is mentioned in the article? Are they still doing the old hunter survey, or is this something different? I have gotten 2 of the old surveys over the years, but it's scientific integrity was greatly compromised by the director publicly saying it was worthless. Why would anyone take the time to fill it out after that?

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.