I may have figured out a simple and effective coon bait for our DP’s that is rain proof, won’t attract ants, won’t melt or get mushy, and is pretty much robbery proof. The problem is that I’m not in a good position to really test it right now. I’ve pretty much got things trapped out here and I’m only catching a stray here and there. If any of you guys want to give it a try, I’d like to see it tested in an area with plenty of targets to see if it has a similar catch rate to other baits. So far it’s working great here. We’ll see if I keep catching them on it. Here it is…..some of you may have already experimented with this.

It’s a small piece of foam that I cut from an old memory foam mattress top we used to have on a sleeper sofa. The texture of it is about the same as a marshmallow. It took me minute to get the first one the size I wanted it….but after that you’ve got a pattern that you can easily cut dozens from if you want to. It cuts easy with scissors too. Once it was cut to size then I took a nail and poked a hole through the center so it would push onto the trigger. You’ll have to wallow the hole out some to get it to go on there fairly easily. Once the foam is on the trigger and the trap was in place, I poured old used cooking oil into the traps and that’s it. Worked like a charm.......

[Linked Image]

Last edited by CNC; 04/22/18 07:40 AM.

We dont rent pigs