Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by plt228
I’d only look at tactical scopes with good turrets. If you want to shoot long you’ll have to dial and if you can’t trust the turret you might as well not buy it. RH’s list covers most of what you want to look at. Might give Athlon a look too. Their higher end models seem to have good reviews. And if the Bushnell closeout he is talking about is the one GAP is doing that is probably going to be the perfect scope for you since the wind age is capped and George designed it for hunting.

Anthlon Japanese made stuff is getting good reviews but I think we are talking $1500-$1600. Yes, I was talking about the LRHS at GAP. I don't think there's one cheaper and better for the OP anywhere right now.

I'll be calling GAP Monday to talk with them, they weren't open yesterday.

Right now it is between a Bushnell, PST III and a GPO.

Try to do some research and even ask some questions from guys who actually dial scopes a lot. I suggest Snipershide. To me there's a difference between a scope that can dial and one that is designed to dial. I have both,and they can both be effective in the field but for a serious long range rig where I wanted to practice shooting every week all year long dialing from my zero to max range and all distances between I would want a scope designed as such. With those scopes you necessarily pay a weight penalty,simply because their internals are designed heavier and more robust.

Another thing you want to make sure about is the reticle. Some of the FFP target dialing scopes don't have the best reticle for hunting when on low power. That LRHS has a reticle designed for hunting. Also make sure whatever scope you choose has enough adjustment range to reach your desired max with your load.

How does the SWFA 3-15 fit into the mix?
https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope-11.html
https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-tactical-rifle-scope.html