I'm going to have to be very vague here with locations and such because as far as I know some of the legal stuff is still going on, though close to coming to an end. So, please bare with me and don't ask too much as I really don't want to answer.

An acquaintance of mine, not super close friend but not a stranger, shot and killed a man. This person is a female and was kidnapped along with two of her co-workers. What the person didn't know was that of the three people he kidnapped, the female had a concealed weapon. According to all three victims, the suspect told them he was going to kill them all, after robbing them, and raping her. When opportunity presented itself, the female victim pulled her pistol and unload it into the suspects chest, killing him. They called the police, who showed up and cuffed everyone. They end up taking only her to jail and kept her half the day, locked up. One of the co-workers notified her husband who went to the police station, where they wouldn't tell him anything. Wouldn't even confirm having her. The husband threatens to get an attorney to which the station responds if he does, she will stay in jail at least 24 hours. (Yeah, that confirmed she was there then). After half a day goes by, theu finally released her. My question, is it proper protocol to take someone to jail even on a justified shooting? I know the police have to figure out what happened but they had three victims all telling the same story. Also, if they weren't sure the female was telling the truth, why wouldn't they arrest the two men as well? To clarify, before anyone asks, she was not asked to go to the station to give statements. She was cuffed and arrested, then later released.

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.-Mark Twain