I took a customer fishing today. I wanted to crappie fish, but since he was the guest I asked him what he wanted to fish for. He said he didn't care what we caught, he'd just like to go after whatever I thought we'd catch the most of and he'd prefer to single pole fish instead of longlining. Well, that pretty much ruled out crappie fishing for me. I went Wednesday afternoon and only caught one casting a jig, then caught several longlining.

So what to fish for this time of year on the Big G when numbers are all that matters? White bass.

I'm telling you guys, my arms feel like they're full of lead. We caught more dang yellow bass than we did white bass, but we caught way over 200 fish in 5 1/2 hours. I've caught that many in a shorter period of time, but it's been a long time since I've done that.

I think pound for pound, in current, nothing is going to outpull a decent sized White Bass.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14