Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I don't know. I can get some pretty high expectations. Most factory rifles today will shoot sub MOA. It seems the new standard to be reached is sub 1/2 MOA which is being achieved with some higher end semi custom guns.

Semi customs are in $1500-2000 range?

The Ruger predator is a really great gun but the stocks are blah.

Yes, just depending on what you want maybe just shy of $3K.

If you are talking heavier Chassis guns like the Ruger,I'm not sure about the stock as I haven't researched it as much but I hear the newest generation is much better. There is also the Tikka Tac A1 for $1500 and Patriot valley arms will soon be offering what should be a truly phenomenal precision rifle at $2K. They pulled out all the stops to put everything into the rifle that they could and meet a price point that would still qualify for production class. They went so far as to opt to put an extra hand lapping step into the barrel and omit sending it with a magazine.
http://patriotvalleyarms.com/john-hancock-bolt-action/

That's all beside the point I was trying to make though. I've been researching this on Snipershide for a while and it seems that the 24" CTR has been producing more 1/2 MOA groups than not. It's always a bit of a crap shoot with any production gun but the odds have been good with 1/2 MOA CTR's.