Ive had some success on public land, but rarely if ever do they talk much. You basically have to deer hunt them. If i didnt know any better i probably wouldnt have any problems deer hunting them but I also know what its like to have 4 or 5 different gobblers gobbling their heads off all the way to the gun. The excitement and the way you hunt are pretty different comparing the two. Not to mention success rates. The money and time I spend on a hobby i love would be much better spent at a place where i know i will have much better odds.That being said, Public land hunting is very discouraging when it comes to the youth or new hunters wanting to get into the sport. Unless they have dumb blind luck more than likely they arent going to have much success, especially if they dont have a clue what they are doing. The whole duck dynasty turkey hunting thing has already began. Look at how many clubs now dont offer turkey rights because someone leased it out all to themselves. Look at how hard it is to find a decent place to go where there arent a ton of other people already turkey hunting. Lease prices continue to rise and its not because there are less hunters. The demand is increasing and people are getting the money they are asking. Its been going on now for a while