Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Reloader79
I only hunt for food not sport.

I think it's a fine activity and enjoyable heritage to be shared with the younger generation, but when we start looking at it as a sport,it begins to have connotations of competition,and that's something I detest.

IMHO it's this type attitude which leads to a bunch of Barney Fife's wanting to set regulations to up their chances of winning the big buck contest. You know,the neighbors are luring all my giant bucks onto their property with their corn. We have to set antler restrictions because the neighbors are shooting my bucks before they get a chance to grow to winning proportions. Just that type thing in a nut shell.

I'll be the devil's advocate, you say it begins to have connotations of competition, and you detest that. What's wrong with competition? Do you want to give everyone a trophy or just to the ones that earned it? Like I said I'm just playing out a different scenario. In real life everyone that hunts deer, only hunt for food to cover the costs of rifles, stands, bows, leases, gas to get there, licenses etc. agree with having fun. This stupid debate with never work out because "fun" is subjective from person to person.

"Here, take this land mine and protect your property with it."
-Ron Swanson