Originally Posted by burbank
Originally Posted by AlabamaHuntress
Originally Posted by ColeT
Originally Posted by AlabamaHuntress
If you need corn piles to kill deer or turkeys then that's just sad 😂
I definitely think more of deer/turkeys killed by real hunters than those killed by baiters. If you are going to bait deer or turkeys then at least do it with food plots instead which provides better nutrition.

That take on baiting was very contradicting.

How so?
Using corn piles to kill deer/turkeys is plain lazy and takes little to no skill, IMO, and it's definitely baiting. I'm just never, ever impressed with a deer or turkey shot off corn (and I know several who do it) no matter the size. Food plots are definitely baiting, too, but if you must hunt over bait then do it with something nutritional. Even though I feel food plots are baiting, I don't think it's a bad way of luring deer. I think hunting over corn should be illegal everywhere.

ETA: Actually getting out into the woods and figuring out your deer, their daily patterns and basically stalking them like nature intended is real hunting to me, not going and sitting in the same stand everyday watching a pile of corn...

Nature would have had half of these dudes knocking you out and dragging you back to the cave. I wouldn’t even go there....

The point is the hypocrisy. You call baiting with plots Ok and corn not. The point is that they are both baiting. Period.

Burbank took the words out of my mouth. Basically in your terminology I can go pour out a bag of protein feed and it's now ok.