Originally Posted by Smells
I hate that I woke up this morning thinking about this. In hindsight it would have been better had I simply kept going. Better in that I would not currently find myself in the middle of a pissing contest. Don't misconstrue that statement as a capitulation. I am satisfied that I did not violate any reasonable interpretation of "turkey hunting etiquette". In fact, I demonstrated consideration for what you wanted by approaching you and confirming which way you would be going. I didn't have to do that. I could have simply "cut you off" in any number of ways but I wouldn't want someone to do that to me and I would not have done that to you.

As for your parking location being a listening spot, I guess a person can "listen" from anywhere, but anyone familiar with the area would know that that is probably one of the worst places to try and hear a turkey from in the entire WMA because of the previously mentioned proximity of the wash plant just a few hundred yards away. Unless a bird is roosted right there next to Co RD 260 you won't hear him. If however, you move on down the gas line access road and get over to a ridge point, a few hundred yards away, then you're somewhat shielded from the wash plant and you can hear the entire bottom MUCH better. If you try to have your cake and eat it too by trying to hear both sides of Co Rd 260 from that spot, then you end up not hearing either side of the road very well because of the background noise. You have to get further in, on either side of the road, to be able to hear well.

So, did I do anything wrong? No. Did I show you consideration and respect by checking on what your plan was so that I didn't interfere with it? Yes. Did I park right next to you and, after talking to you, walk right on into the area you said you were planning on hunting anyway, as your previous post suggests? Absolutely not. Do I wish now that I had simply kept going? Yes.

I'm done with this thread. Nothing but love for you UMSPORTSFAN. Hope you have your best turkey season ever. I'll do my best to steer clear of you if I see you.

so if it was such a sucky place to listen from why did you stop there? Especially if another vehicle was in close proximity.