Originally Posted by abolt300
Originally Posted by jericward
I received this email from Senator Chambliss in reference to HB 21 today after I emailed several senators urging them to bring this to a vote. I thought the bill was favorable in the Senate Committee...

"I received a lot of input from both sides of this issue when this bill first came up two years ago. I weighed all of the information received and have opposed this bill since that time. The bill has failed on the Senate floor twice.

The bill failed in Senate Committee again this session by a 3-8 vote several weeks ago. The following week, the bill was on the agenda again at the very end of a 12 bill agenda. The chair came in and “voice-voted” the entire agenda and said that it was approved over the clear voices of the majority.

This is not right. It is anti-republic. It is clearly un-American! This underhanded tactic grew the opposition to the bill.

Obviously, this is not what you want to hear… but you deserve to know the details of what has gone on."

I'd email him right back and thank him for his response. Then I'd say, "as my senator, I feel it is important to know where you stand on issues and why. Please explain to me what information you received and what caused to to oppose this bill for the last 2 years, while approving the supplemental feeding bill at the same time."

Chabliss is a CLOWN, plain and simple

Its amazing what getting elected to the Legislature will do to a person. My Senator is Gerald Allen, I actually had him as a PE teacher 40 years ago. He was a great guy then and I can see how he was elected. He gets to that “Cesspool” in Montgomery and becomes a total idiot. There is something about the capital building that turns ordinary people into total morons, a-holes and untouchables. This path this baiting bill has taken is par for the course for these nimrods. Listen to the senate on any given item and the circus will be in full swing.

Lone Watie: I'm glad you stopped me when you did. I might have killed her