Originally Posted by coldtrail
I thought this would be a good topic based on the other threads lately. What Advice would y'all want to old farts give? This is what I'm telling my son.

Make your choices based on a long term plan. I consider myself blessed, but also the choices I made helped. God doesn't always save you from bad choices

First marry the most honest, wholesome woman you can find. Your kids will turn out better, character is somewhat heredity. I didn't do well my first marriage but I'm a quick learner.

Invest a lot while your young. Put it a way and don't touch it but don't be afraid to lose it either. Take some chances.

Plan and develope goals. Determine what's more important and focus on that. There will be ups and downs but anything worth having is worth working for.

When you and your wife are young put their needs and wants a head of yours. You're building something to withstand the storms of life. Theyll see your sacrifice and respect you for it.

About the only thing I could add to that is to go ahead and go out West and hunt while you are still young and able. There is nothing like it and it is not an old man's game.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.