Originally Posted by Clem
That's awesome. Congrats to your son! Sounds like his confidence level is soaring.

When I leave CAC I usually shoot better. I wanna chain smoke and drink JetFuel coffee, too. laugh

Seriously, I've known George ever since he and Bernie ran that cramped-ass North Alabama Outdoors store in the shopping area where Rosie's is (on the Parkway). Always helpful, always honest. Always wants to sell me a new Mathews, too. I may take him up on it one day.

Everything I write a check, I'll ask George "Do I make this out to Custom Archery Outdoors?". He'll give me the bird and I'll say "But ain't you Bernie", to which he gives me a double bird.

I've given George so much crap over the years it ain't funny. One time at the old store by the river (North Alabama Outdoors) George was starting the press a High Country bow that had a cracked limb. I was about to come in the side door and George had his back to me. The roof of the store was tin, so I grabbed a hand full of rocks and tossed them up on the roof. Those rocks made the loudest noise you'd ever heard. I've never seen George jump that high before or after that. It took me 15 or 20 minutes to quit rolling on the ground laughing and it took long for some of the other folks in the store to stop laughing.