Mrs. Irish made one of her famous salads with:

Organic baby spinach
Field greens from one of her coworker's garden
Fresh strawberries
Matchstick carrots
Purple onions
Candied pecans toasted in a skillet with butter and brown sugar
Her homemade citrus dressing with balsamic vinegar and fresh squeezed orange juice and honey

I cooked fresh Chilean salmon seasoned with just salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. I drizzled a little olive oil on it, preheated the oven to 350 and put the cast iron skillet on the top eye. I seared the salmon flesh side down in a little peanut oil for about 2-3 minutes before flipping it over onto the skin and sticking the whole thing into the oven for about 15 minutes.

Mrs. Irish made a maple ginger glaze for the salmon with: Maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, and minced fresh ginger. Heated until thickened in a small sauce pan.

We served it all with some saffron rice and fresh broccoli steamed with salt, pepper, lemon and butter. I had a little glass of a nice red blend wine with mine.

It was supposed to be a simple Monday night "We are tired" meal and it turned into something pretty damn good. Her salad turned it into something worth posting and sharing.

And it was a pretty healthy meal too, which we needed after our 3000 calorie reubens last night. grin

[Linked Image]