Originally Posted by dBmV
It's getting harder and harder to find a good processer around here. Last year I took a doe to a guy I've been using for years and never got it back. Called several times but voicemail was always full. Found out later it happened to a bunch of folks. Used a different guy that's been around for years the first deer I killed this year. Got the whole thing done in smoked sausage and it was horrible. The guy didn't smoke it, he just added a bunch of liquid smoke to it and ran with it. Sold that whole thing to my neighbor. Took my last one to another guy and had it done in smoked sausage also. Went to pick it up and he tried to short change me on it. Way less than the deer I took in. He ended up giving me some more packs out of the freezer but no telling whose box he shorted to give me that. I'm about out of options on where to take them now.

It may be out of the way a little but you need to try Shana's in Shorter. I've used several in Lee county south of Auburn and have never been happy with any of them.