Originally Posted by outdoorobsession
My opinion is this,..if someone wants to use corn..let him. It is no silver bullet to kill deer believe me. We use corn in KY but we sure didnt kill any big bucks eating it. Im sure some folks do..good for them.

I dont give a flying EFF what other people do. If it is legal then good luck.

Just because you dont agree with it, or do it ...well thats your opinion.

But dont FORCE your standards on others because you dont like it. Thats what liberals do....IMO.

I hope you are not serious about that statement. I happen to believe that stealing is wrong. Others may call it justified because they don't have anything or because 'everyone else does it.' I happen to believe shooting up heroin is wrong, some don't. I believe hunting at night is wrong, some don't. Some people think it is OK to have an unsafe workplace so long as you are making money. Others may disagree. Just because you don't agree that something is wrong doesn't mean that it should be legal. If we all got to decide what we thought was legal just by our own opinions, it would be chaos.

Laws are made for the greater good of ALL. The questions we should be asking are - is baiting good for hunting or otherwise good for a healthy deer population or for the good of the most people? My answer to those questions are (1) maybe if the benefits (arguable) of baiting make people enjoy hunting more outweigh the negative publicity of hunting over bait, (2) no - baiting will not improve the deer population, and (3) baiting is good for people who sell bait and bait dispensing devices, so maybe it's good for the economy, but does it take away from the part of the hunting economy devoted to planting, improving existing habitat, native browse, etc?

That's two maybes and a no. Equals a no to me.

Last edited by ALFisher; 03/08/18 05:15 PM.