Originally Posted by BhamFred
I hope ya'll can find a dozen folks that will actually follow your guidelines, it is very hard to get that many on the same page, even being upfront.

I had a club in Hale Co much like ya'll are working on. Great property, good population, and great genetics. And I vetted my members out pretty hard about where we wanted to be and what we were shooting. All the guys talked the talk. Opening day, two hours before dark, 50 yard shot in a greenfield one of the guys shoots a 1.5 year old eight point buck. WTH did we discuss? He responded by saying he would kill any eight point he saw. I gave him his money back and trespassed him off the club. Just damn.

Fred you are so right about the people. It's going to be hard to do but Danny and I are up for the challenge. I'm sure we will end up with a few members that will need to coached along the way. Hopefully by being totally open and up front about our vision for this property it will minimize those type members.

I have had similar experience with my big Kentucky lease. Some of my members have been the type I could work with and allow them to grow into the type member we are looking for. Some were a lost cause and had to find some where else to hunt. What I do bring to the table is excellent people skills, I can work with folks if they are willing to follow advice and direction. I also know a little about managing a property but don't know it all that's for sure!

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life.
Comes to us at midnight very clean.
It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands.
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."