Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by Goatkiller
160 grain Sierra in 7mm Mag over H-1000 running just north of 3,050fps.

I waited until he stepped out in the road and shot him dead where he was standing so I could just pick him up on the way out with the Ranger. Entered through the shoulder broke that side continued on through and broke the exit side shoulder/leg with about a 50 cent piece side exit hole. Blew the whole undercarriage right out from under him. Dead where he was standing.

No bonded bullet necessary.

Sierra GK's are often overlooked because they are not modern bonded plastic tip bullets. But they will shred a deers innards, and deliver some of the fastest kills. DRT And not even a few legs kicks. I use a 180 grain GK in one of my 300 win magnums at 3050 FPS and deer do not walk away.

No joke I shoot the same in .300 WBY. I've just never had all these problems with a pass through such as others seem to have... and I've never shot a lot of bonded bullets at Whitetails. I'm just shooting Sierra's most of the time.

I read all these posts on every forum on the internet about needing bonded bullets, etc. Sometimes they have me even second guessing myself and I think I should go work up a better load with a Partition or something. Then I shoot a deer and blow the whole front undercarriage out from under it and I'm sitting there dressing it thinking how could everyone else be having the issues they are having?

No government employees were harmed in the making of this mess.