Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by Avengedsevenfold
Originally Posted by C3SEAST
Do you think chicken litter has had an impact?

Uh yeah.

Preacher!!!! Hit him with the Chicken Mafia info

Found one thread and bumped it to the top

Pcp, thanks for resurrecting the threads. I was really asking a rhetorical question, I just wanted someone else to confirm what I already knew the answer was. It kind of reminds me of coyotes and deer. A few people realized in the mid 90s that we were going to have a problem, but it didn't become accepted in mainstream wildlife management circles until just a few years ago. I'm not trying to start unfounded rumors about the poultry industry. I have more than one very good friends that make their living with chicken houses and litter, but I think we would be foolish not to be realistic about the possible, and in my opinion, probable, negative effects on our environment. It's not just wildlife impacts either, I wonder what will happen to our groundwater quality after years of 2 ton to the acre per year, and sometimes more, of litter being applied, air quality, etc. There's literally thousands of poultry houses in southeast Alabama now and I fully understand, appreciate and have benefitted from the economic impact, but we've got to start asking some tough questions or I'm afraid wild turkeys will be the least of our worries in a few years.