A large farm to my east routinely spreads litter, but it's the liquid form. What I do know, is the property between it and my little place has no turkeys on the east side. I've covered most of the adjoining 2800 acres recently doing some trapping. Ive seen plenty of sign from all game except turkeys. Repoertedly the 5000 acre farm has very few turkeys as well.

This tract is very diverse, hardwood river bottoms, 2nd thinning pine and cutover. Zero turkey sign in areas that should support turkeys. We are at 77 on nest predators removed.

I dont know what else to do. I have some beautiful clover plots and last year planted almost 150 lbs of soybeans in kne of my plots. Zero turkeys visited that plot. In fact, I've seen 1 turkey in my field in just over a year.

One thing that may have been hurting me is I let the edges of my field grow up in broomsage, dog fennel and briars with a few openings for transition from the timber. The deer loved it but Im thinking if affected turkey movement. Most of it has been mowed now.

Ive also heard that bull gnats might be a reason the turkeys avoid my fields. They can be very bad at times. If this is the case, would establishing purple martin and bat boxes help with the gnats ? Beginning to get a little desperate here.

"Cull" is just another four letter word...