I am convinced that most people don't want the truth, they only want what they want. It was that way before Jesus, while Jesus was here, and after he ascended. Jesus, the perfect example and teacher, couldn't convince everyone so some people are not reachable. We have God's word and it is powerful, but when people ignore, discount or reject it, what chance do I have.

If it was good enough for _________ (Mama, Daddy, whoever???), then it's good enough for me, is the thinking of many folks. So many people take easy to understand passages that they don't agree with and try and explain them away because it conflicts with their prior teaching. Some people hold on to one passage at the exclusion of all others. Truth consists of all that God had to say on a subject and it is all in harmony with all other passages. Religious groups teach different doctrines. One or both are wrong. Division is condemned. The only way to unity is to use the bible as the only source of authority, to worship like they did in the first century by using approved examples, commands and instructions and necessary inferences.

Jesus said the narrow way was difficult and few there would be that find it. The broad way is easy and many are going in, including religious folks. Jesus tells us there will be sincere people who believe and work for him that are lost and will be arguing with him on the day of judgment (Matt 7:21ff). Just who are these sincere lost people???

We are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together (Heb 10:25). The Lord adds people to the church (Acts 2:47). We are saved by grace through faith (Eph 2:8-9). We are children of God through faith because we have been baptized (Gal 3:26-27). Jesus said that a person must believe and be baptized to be saved (Mark 16:16). They came together on the first day of the week (Sunday) to break bread (Partake of the Lord's supper) (Acts 20:7). Collections of money are done on the first day of the week (I Cor 16:1-2).

God's ways are not our ways nor His thoughts, our thoughts...