Originally Posted by Cahaba1631
Great advice from everyone. Since two traps seems to be too few to do any damage, I'll probably keep those Dukes and add a couple more quality traps, like the MB550's or 650's that you guys recommend. Didn't have any luck last weekend, but only kept the traps out overnight and could see paw print around one of them. Didn't want to leave them out longer if I couldn't check them,, but plan to keep them out longer over youth turkey weekend. Saw a lot of info online about placing a membrane of some kind over the pan to keep dirt out from under it. Anyone have any advice on that. Also the degreasing and dyeing aspect was something I (nor my old lady for that matter) had anticipated, but did it!

If your going to buy more traps and want to get quality at a good price I'd look into the K9 extremes. They're the best built traps for the money.

The easiest and simplest way to prevent dirt from filling in under your pan is with polyfil. It's pillow stuffing and you can buy it anywhere for cheap. Stick you a gallon Ziploc of it in your bucket and that one bag will make dozens of sets.

Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience. Emerson