I know this is going to step on some toes and some will tell me how I’m not saved and such but I know my heart and I know my relationship with Jesus. WIth that said, I have been thinking about this for a long time and I have just about decided that church, or organized religion, is the biggest joke on modern day Christianity. I’m going to go ahead and step out there and say I hate it. There it is. I said it. I grew up in it. Got away for a while, but came back and got involved in one and really started growing. Taught children Sunday School and then an adult class. Even became an ordained deacon. That was one of the worst things I could have done as I started learning more about the politics of a church and what goes on behind the scenes. I ended up making my concerns known to a few leaders of the church and you’d have thought I had double crossed the mafia. I might as well have been put on a deserted island. I realize I became guilty of putting my faith in people and it burned me badly. I ended up leaving that church. One of the things that sucks most of all about that is I have had numerous people come to me saying they wished they had the courage to do what I did but after seeing the sh!t I’ve gone through, they won’t risk it. I truly wonder what Jesus would say to our church leaders, about how churches are ran, if He sat and had a conversation with them. Before someone starts, I know, Christians are sinners and hypocrites and church is where they are supposed to be, just like a hospital isn’t for well people. Or here’s another one, you can’t love Jesus if you don’t love church because the church is His bride. I’ve heard them all and used most of them myself. Who says what YOU call church is what church is supposed to be? To use an old saying of mine of my early adulthood, you’ll find friendlier people in a bar than you will in church. They are usually more honest too. Rant over.

If voting made any difference, they wouldn’t let us do it.-Mark Twain