I've got a female black lab that just turned 11 this past week. No previous health issues. None at all. Best hunting dog and companion you could ask for. This past weekend out of the blue, she started having weakness in her rear legs, like it is painful to move around. It will come and go. She's her normal happy self for hours at a time then all of a sudden you can tell she's uncomfortable and scared and she'll start shaking. I hunted her a bunch this fall in warm weather so my first thought was, she's got a tick that I cannot find. I took her to the vet Wed and her blood panels came back perfect and naturally while she was there, she was perfectly fine. We've got her on an anti-inflammatory, glucosamine, and some super tick and flea killer that the vet game me during the visit. Basically just treating symptoms right now. She's 100% still there mentally and when she's not having these episodes, still acts like a 3 yr old dog. Runs, takes commands, head up, chest out, eats and drinks and uses the bathroom like normal. It's like 2 completely different dogs. I have noticed that she seems to have these episodes more after she just gets up after laying down and especially first thing in the morning after she's been asleep all night. Could it be a pinched nerve causing the weakness? A pulled muscle that is spasming? I know it can happen with humans.

I know she's getting old but she still has all the drive and intelligence that she had when she was a pup and I refuse to admit she's gotten to be an old timer. Anybody on here had a similar experience or any ideas of what might be going on? Thanks for the help.