My mother is a narcotics abuser and used most of my childhood growing up. I will never forget when I was probably 3 or 4 years old, my mom and I were walking out of the CVS pharmacy in Inverness and there was a cop waiting outside and he asked my mother "Are you Misty Beck?". All I remember was my mother getting put in handcuffs and then a really nice officer taking me off to the side and waiting for my dad to come pick me up as they took my mother to jail. This was just the beginning of hell for my childhood and my fathers marriage. She got arrested for forging prescriptions and was given the option of 20 years in prison or to go to a rehab facility. She went to a rehab facility in Mississippi and was good for a few years and then when I got into middle school I found some messages on her cell phone between her and another man. They were pretty dirty messages for me to stumble upon, but I instantly went to my dad to tell him. She would say that she was going to AA meetings, but would not show up until midnight or later and would never answer her phone. I created a severe worrying problem due to this and was always worrying about her. She was having an affair with this guy and was also back on drugs. My dad paid a ton of money to send her off to another facility in Florida and she came back, and it was the same damn thing. She did good for awhile, but I was always worried about her. We would go on family vacations and she would always say she had kidney stones. We would have to go to the hospital and she would always ask me to go get the nurse to give her more pain meds. You talk about ruining a vacation. Every dang vacation turned out like that, and it was awful. She also complained of many back problems, and had several back surgeries that were just to get pain meds.

My senior year of high school was the worst! She got involved with a guy that she apparently dated in high school, and he was one bad dude. I remember watching the SEC championship game, the year that Cam played for Auburn and my dad got a phone call from the paramedics stating that my mother had a seizure at Smiths variety in Mountain Brook. She was admitted to the hospital and would suffer from seizures until february off and on. Of course, we planned a family trip to Gatlinburg that Christmas and she had several seizures while we were on the trip and also in the car ride on the way back. It was awful. We saw many different doctors and it turns out that a doctor at UAB said that these were some kind of fake seizures or something, and then all of a sudden these seizures stopped. It was crazy. In April of 2012, I am getting ready for graduation and my Mom and sisters are getting ready to head to gulf shores for a cheerleading trip for one of my sisters. Annagrace, who is in like 7th or 8th grade at the time finds a picture of my mom and this dude that she apparently dated in high school on her phone. She was now having a second affair and had been for several months. My sister finds this and they are already in Gulf Shores. She calls me and starts freaking out, and she tells my dad, and this was the final straw. The guy that she was seeing had been convicted of Manslaughter a few years back. My mother and him were trying to find ways to transfer some of my dads money into one of his accounts. My Dad had no idea any of this was going on.

My dad loved my Mom very much and did everything he could to stay with her and keep our family together. He mainly did it for us, but this was all he could take. It would have been great if she would have just let Dad give her half of everything and just get divorced, but it was one of the nastiest most awful divorces ever. The hell that we went through from 2012 to 2013 was just awful. I would imagine going through a divorce with a crazy woman is one thing, but when shes crazy and a drug user, oh man its rough, especially with children involved. There are so many things that happened that range from her breaking into my Dad's office and stealing over $30,000 worth of equipment and customers belongings, shooting a hole in our toilet with a 270 at our house in vestavia, kidnapping my 4 year old baby sister, falsely accusing my father of sexual abuse to one of my sisters, slashing a tire on my truck while I was working to break into our own home while my dad and sisters were out of town. I could go on forever and could type for days, but it was very hard to make it through all of that and stay strong for my two sisters and maintain a relationship with my girlfriend. It also happened during a time in my life when I should be getting ready for college and enjoying graduating. I have had to grow up a lot quicker than most, but I am so happy today that she is gone. She literally just up and left and I have not seen her in 3-4 years. My dad had to get int his own retirement during the whole court process and it really screwed him up bad. We all are so much happier today with her gone. We all miss our mother, but she is honestly a lost cause. She has caused so much damage to our family, and I have severe worrying problems and anxiety due to all the stuff we went through growing up. She is extremely narcisitic, and just an evil woman. I hate drugs with a passion, and am so thankful I have never gotten tied up in them. Its very sad to see someone you love suffer from addiction, but some circumstances are just out of your control, and you have to cut that person off and just pray that she somehow gets help. I always worry she will come back around sometime, and am always aware of my surroundings. It would not surprise me for her to do anything, and my guard is always up no matter where I am.

Sorry for such a long post, I just want people to know how hard some people have it, and that sometimes there is nothing you can do. I just do my best to work hard and support my Dad, sisters, and my Wife, because they mean everything to me. I honestly have no family other than my Dad and my wifes family. I can't imagine life without my Dad, and we work together every day. It is super hard working together, but I enjoy it. I see all that he has done for me over 23 years, and I just try and do all I can to help him out and be there for him.

Last edited by Parker243; 02/14/18 12:47 PM.