I don't watch NASCAR much anymore, maybe a few laps here and there flipping around channels.

Saturday afternoon doing that I saw the ARCA race from Daytona and stopped for a few laps. Wanted to see the changes to the cars since the last time I saw an ARCA race many years ago. They're more streamlined and definitely are cleaner, from a paint-advertising-PR standpoint and I get that since it's about entertainment and revenue.

And then they mentioned a female driver. OK, fine, cool, I'm down with that. I don't care who's behind the wheel as long as they're qualified.

And then they mentioned the female driver's sponsor -- VEGANSTRONG.COM -- and showed the in-car camera with the VEGAN STRONG decal on the dash in clear view.

NASCAR, the organization founded on moonshiners beating the G-Man on backroads and racing on the beach with white redneck crackers drinking whatever bad beer, now has a driver who is promoting a vegan lifestyle. Not just vegetarian, but vegan - which is different. Vegans don't believe in "exploitation of animals for the use by man." Vegetarians may still chomp on fish or dairy products, but generally eschew meat. Vegans take it further.

Interestingly, veganism began in 1944 and grew during ... wait, wait ... the late 1950s and '60s as liberalism grew on the east and west coasts as they railed against the growth of agriculture and capitalism.

I wonder how many vegans watch NASCAR vs. how many eat steaks, brats, chicken wings? Never believed I'd see the day. Dang.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020