Originally Posted by M48scout
I would bet the people who ask to "just shoot one" don't understand all the factors at play that you mentioned. Maybe they are just inexperienced people who want to kill a hog and don't really ever think about the fact that it's asking you to change the way your normally hunt. If you explained that your method is actually more exciting and action packed maybe they would understand and be all in (maybe?). Non-hunters sometimes just don't understand everything that goes into it. I don't hunt with dogs, so I wouldn't know much about what goes into that method either.

It's cool you take people though and show them. I'm sure they are pumped after that adrenaline rush with a dog catch/kill!

I explained it to this man and he still got mad. You would be surprised at how many times in the last few years this has happened. I just don't understand people's thinking. If a man tells me he will take me on a hunt on his place then I'm not gonna get mad if he says which method we are gonna use to hunt. Lol