Originally Posted by bigt
Originally Posted by cullbuck
I ended up getting a Vortek StrikerFire Backcountry last week. I just couldn�t pass up the clearance sale they had at midway on this one.

Try Blackhorn 209 powder + Hornady SST-ML bullets with this gun. I had great accuracy with lighter powder loads, not so much near the max powder loads.

Looking back in my notes.....

68.2gr BY WEIGHT Blackhorn powder + 250gr SST-ML + Win209 shotgun primer gave ~1830fps in a Traditions Vortek Strikerfire with holes touching in 3-shot groups @100 yards.

By volume, that powder load looked like about 100- 105 grains.

With BDC ML reticle, that gets you to about 310 yards sighed in at 100. But bullet energy gets questionable past 200 yards.

Thanks!

I ended up getting a Vortek StrikerFire Backcountry last week. I just couldn�t pass up the clearance sale they had at midway on this one.

Try Blackhorn 209 powder + Hornady SST-ML bullets with this gun. I had great accuracy with lighter powder loads, not so much near the max powder loads.

Looking back in my notes.....

68.2gr BY WEIGHT Blackhorn powder + 250gr SST-ML + Win209 shotgun primer gave ~1830fps in a Traditions Vortek Strikerfire with holes touching in 3-shot groups @100 yards.

By volume, that powder load looked like about 100- 105 grains.

With BDC ML reticle, that gets you to about 310 yards sighed in at 100. But bullet energy gets questionable past 200 yards.

Thanks!