It finally happened and I couldnt be happier. Signed for my first land purchase last friday and went on my first hunt yesterday. I had planned to sit all day. But didnt need to. The property is a mountain side so early morning i packed my climber as light as possible and stripped down to just a tshirt and hiked to the very top. Found a good tree where I could see the bench above a below me ans settled in. Around 815, saw movement above me looked through my binos and saw a big deer and antlers. He was walking away from me and i lost him through the limbs. So.i used my grunt and doe bleat can and waited while crouched in my stand. Not a minute later he had circled down to the bench I was on and walking right at me. My elbow tapped my pack when he was 30 yardsaway and his head popped up and thats where he stayed. Dropped him right there. Hes my second best buck and feels great to kill a good buck on the first hunt on my own land. Thanks guys. If someone can post pictures for me id appreciate. Also need to get him on our score board.

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore I believe in work, hard work. -George Petrie (1945)