Age 10... Upper Delta WMA had just opened to the public. We were hunting by boat. My first season bow hunting. Dad took me in and helped me get up a fairly large chestnut oak, surrounded by 2 other huge chestnut oaks. The deer were hammering them. About 5 minutes before it was too dark to shoot, I heard my dad, and a friend of his that was hunting with us in the distance coming my way (dragging a deer he'd killed). They were talking fairly loud but were still 200 or so yrds away. About that time, a doe and a spike came running in under the oaks from the opposite direction and started chowing down on acorns. Almost like they just had to get a few acorns down before dad and his buddy got there. I drew back and took aim on the doe...and let one fly. The arrow flew over her back and she quick hopped about 5 yards and just stood there for about 20 seconds looking around. She quickly went back to eating and I quickly knocked another arrow. I drew back and took aim again, and let her fly. It stuck about half way through her and the famous THAWAAAP rang out. She let out a little grunt and ran directly towards my dad and buddy. She had to have ran right by them. When they got there, we tracked her about 100 yards and found her.

To answer your question.. I missed one deer, before killing her 30 seconds later grin

Last edited by teamduckdown; 01/28/18 06:05 AM.

Turkeys be damned.