I've been nursing Spark all week in hopes of having her better for this weekend. I had to turn down 5 tracks this week. I came home from work yesterday and checked her. She'd been getting around real good for a couple days and her wound looked better. I got a call yesterday morning and decided to take it and see how she done. The hunter had shot a buck with a crossbow and 2 of his fletchings had came off midflight and he wasn't sure where he had hit the deer.

I got there 8 hours after the shot and got my camera on and turned her loose. She picked the track up and was gone. I stayed close to her the whole time to see how she was doing with the leg. She acted like nothing was wrong and was doing good. We were finding a drop of blood about every 80 to 100 yards. The deer got to an opening where some construction was going on and he bled pretty good there. He crossed the site and we picked him back up on the other side. I never saw another drop of blood.

She ended up getting the deer up and took him over a ridge and he was looping back to where he was shot. She ended up baying the buck and the hunter couldn't keep up, so I told him where she was and I left him.

She had him bayed in a nasty cutover. I got ripped up trying to get to em. The buck heard me coming and broke but ended up holding up again about 50 yards away. I was able to crawl up a dead log and get above the briars and finish him off. I was running the go pro on myself and the freakin battery died about 10 seconds before I shot him. We tracked him about 8-900 yards total. I forgot to clear her previous track to know exactly. The buck ended up being shot in the shin!

I get her home and as soon as she gets out of the truck, she's favoring her leg again. The wound looks better but I'm gone have to give her another week to get better.