I went on what is now my favorite track so far last night. The track was referred to me by another tracker up here. My wife and I left last night around 8:15 and got there around 9. We went to the hit site and turned Spark out. She sorts thru last blood and she's off. She makes a hard right about 50 yards past last blood and she's working away. We haven't seen another drop of blood for a while and she ends up just losing it. I had a suspicion she got off on a hot line so I restarted her.

I took her past where she made the hard right and she's working another line. I'm thinking this is it, she's on him now. She goes a couple hundred yards and gets a deer up. She runs it out to 215 and turns around. She got off on another hot line, dang it. I checked all around where she got the deer up and found no blood.

So we're walking back to the truck and my head's low because she's just embarrassed me. I happen to see a drop of blood. I look on my Alpha and she's track thru here so I follow her route. I found more blood, more blood, ok we're good now.

She takes this line at a hard left from the general direction we started from and went straight down the side of the mtn. I feel like she's on it even tho she let me down twice already. I go about 150 yards down the mtn and I hear him get up. She's right on his butt. I wanted to make double sure she was on the right deer this time and I follow her line. I find blood at the bottom of the ridge. She runs the buck straight up the other side of the hill to the top and turns around at the gate where we entered the property and comes back to us.

I hike back out to the truck and tell the hunter what is happening. We decide to drive back to the gate and see what she does from there. We get out and go to where she turned around and she takes the track again, so I follow. I start finding a little blood along the way and then I focus on trying to keep up with her. She crosses the county road, goes thru a guys yard, and tries crossing a fence but can't make it over. Hunter makes it up there to me and I tell him that I don't think the odds of us finding this deer are good. He's already made it about 1700 yards from the shot and he hasn't held up yet. I took him to where the deer crossed the fence and we decide to just see what she does across the fence. We end up at another fence, find blood and I can see that we're coming up on the brow of the mtn. I felt like the buck would be laying up there and thought it might be best to let him lay up the rest of the night. The hunter and I make the decision to come back this morning.

By the time I get home and get in bed, its nearly 2 AM. I turn around and get up at 6 and head back out there. We take Spark to where we pulled out last night and cut her loose. She takes it again and is gone. I'm steadily keeping up with her and we hit the woods and go about 60 yards in and I hear him get up. I was right! He laid down there right on the brow of the mtn. Sparks on his butt again. She takes him about 200 yards and he bays up. I felt like Usain Bolt running thru the woods there, but it was probably more along the speed of a sun dial lol. The buck breaks and is gone before we can get close enough. She runs him another 200 yards and he bays again. Here we go again. We get over this little hill and there's a pond there. She's got the buck bayed in the mouth of this pond. I tell the hunter to shoot and I call Spark off. He pops a round in him when she's clear and puts an end to all of it. Or so I thought.

You see, this was the GoPro's mayden voyage. I was pumped up to see the footage. I mean, she bayed the buck twice, and was head to head with him at the end. I get up to where she's at and the GoPro is gone! SonofA! I start back tracking trying to find it while the hunter goes to get his 4wheeler. I walk all the way back to the truck and haven't found it yet. We fished the guys buck out of the pond and we strike out to find the GoPro. It takes us about an hour or so. We found it where she bayed the buck the first time. I'm thinking at least we got some footage. Wrong, I get home like a kid at Christmas excited to watch this footage and Sparks DA owner forgot to turn it on! What a maroon! I did take my camcorder and I have some footage. Its not very good and I'll probably make a little something out of it but yall will have to forgive my filming tactics lol.