Well, it looks like the boat ride has been called off……

Just after dark, I decided to call the hunter back just make sure we were still meeting in the morning before any more calls come in from the afternoon hunt. I didn’t get an answer. I sent a text and received a message back saying they had already gone back out there with another tracker and didn’t have any luck. A few minutes later the hunter calls me back and tells me that the other dog wasn’t able to track it. He wanted to know if my dog could still go in and track it after the other dog had been on it. Otis probably could but I told him I didn’t think so just for the principle of it. It’s all good but it did kinda irritate me a little that he scheduled me to meet him then just hung up the phone and called someone else without calling me back. I could have had another call come in.

……..which I just did………

Another call just came in for tomorrow morning. A landowner that I’ve tracked for several times in the past said his grandson had shot a pretty good buck this evening. He didn’t give a whole lot of details other than they had followed blood for a good little ways and were having trouble following it any further. He told the guys who were looking to just back out and bring in the dogs in the morning. I’ll find out more details of what happened in the morning……

To be continued………

We dont rent pigs