Every deer that I've killed I shot with a round that I loaded myself. For me, the issue is not money, it's accuracy. Every time I pull that trigger I preface it with a prayer "God make me accurate and make this quick". My biggest fear is that I will maim a deer and it will suffer. I will do everything I can to lower the probability of that happening. Learning to produce a powerful, accurate load does just that ...

For each of my guns I have spent a good bit of time working up a load. I focus on pushing them as fast as I can safely at first until I get a range of charges to work with. Then I focus on drilling down to the most accurate of those loads. The end result is a round that packs as much punch as I can get while giving me the accuracy I need to be confident in whatever shot I chose to take.

This forum is a great place to get started and to learn some of the more advanced techniques. Another great place to frequent is The Highroad' hand loading and reloading forum : https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?forums/handloading-and-reloading.15/

Several aldeer.com members are on there also and most everyone is really helpful

I don't want to pass quietly into the night. I want to slide in sideways kickin and screamin
Life really is awesome ... Soak it up while you can ...