Originally Posted By: marshmud991
Originally Posted By: centralala
Originally Posted By: wew3006
I'll bet they had a buyer for the rack before they killed it

I am assuming this is not a record book deer. Is there that big of a market for just big antlers? Enough $$ to risk jail time? I've never really heard anything about that. I know there is a market for knife makers and Indian reenactors but that $$ isn't worth the jail time.

The taxidermist I've used for all my mounts will go to some sales up in the Midwest and buy some of the big sets of antlers and capes and will come home and mount them on a form and sell them to Dr.s,Lawyers, outfitters with new lodges and ever cabelas and bass pro. He told me that is why he keeps his price as low as he does for regular old Joe. He said there's big money in that. He will also do replicas of these word class deer of people to put in stores or offices and even in their homes. And they will pay BIG $s for them.

Yea, I've heard that. Can even buy them at flea markets. I've had a deer on my mind for a few weeks that I saw at a flea market that I recognized and has bothered me ever since. But that's a whole other story. What is big $$? It would have to be enough for the risk.