Been on several tracks since I updated last. I'll just tell about the ones from yesterday and today.

Yesterday I got a call from my cousin. His son had shot a deer behind his house. Deers front legs went out and started dozing off. They tracked it about 200-250 yards and lost blood in a cut over. I turned Spark lose at the hit sight and she does her tracking routine of pooping right there by it. I guess she gets nervous lol. She gets the deer lined out and is moving right along. We're staying about 60 to 80 yards behind and it's getting thick. She gets up to last blood and goes about 50 more yards into the nastiest briar patch you've ever seen. She bays the deer up and I can't get to her it's so thick. I ended up having to fall backwards into the briars, get up and keep doing that til I got to where I could see the deer. We make it up there to about 10 yards and I call her to me and finish the deer. He had shot both front legs a few inches below the body. I don't see how the deer made it as far as it did. As soon as I get permission I'll post a pic of it.

I left there and went over the road to a leg shot. Guy had 6 bucks chase a doe by him. He shot at the buck 3 times with a 7mm. Bucks right front leg is supposedly about to fall off. Spark tracked it about 400 yards past where he'd lost blood. She lost him in a patch of pines. I restarted her 5 or 6 times from that spot and she just couldn't pull it together.

While I was tracking the second one last night, I got a call to track one this morning. Buck comes into food plot and hunter shoots him in the shoulder at a quartering to angle. I got there at 7 this morning and put her to work. She poops and is off on the trail. I found a small piece of bone that the hunter missed last night and I told him I believe he got leg and the deer would most likely still be alive. Sure enough, Spark tracks him about 400 yards and the buck gets up about 40 yards from us and she runs it about 850 yards onto the neighbors. She never could catch up to him to bay so I called her back.

They are lookin for love hard right now. I seen 2 different bucks chasing on the way to that track this morning.