Curious why some consider it okay/ethical to push ‘silver’ labs as real, authentic, true to breed and standard, while anyone selling any other imitation item in the world, would get hammered for fake advertising? It’s like saying you have a purple factory finished leupold, when leupold has never made one.....then folks getting in line and paying twice the cost than for a regular/real leupold, because purple is cool, and someone besides leupold swore to them it was really a leupold. I’m not slandering the dogs, but the ethics of their representation vs the breeds. If you want to hybridize your own strains for certain traits, that’s fine. If you want to own those, that’s fine. I just don’t think you get to ethically call them ‘original’ , just because it allows a higher price. I’d love to cross AWS and Lab lines, to have another retriever breed....but I couldn’t ethically call the offerings wavy coat labradors and register as chocolate labs, no matter how many rebreedings back to labs I did just to COVER UP where the wavy coat came from. There exists a flat coated retriever. You could start a ‘gray retriever’ breed. Look at labradoodles and golden doodles for example. I love most ANY good natured dog. I just question some folks who get this stuff started, not those who get caught up in it.

JMO.