This was the first time I’ve ever found teeth at the hit site…. frown

The deer was standing broadside in a food plot at about 60 yards. The hunter was shooting a 300 mag. He said on the first shot the buck took off and ran to the edge of the plot where it started turning its head around toward its body like it was trying to lick its wound. So he fired another shot at him. The second shot was the one the blew his jaw off and where we found the teeth.

We tracked the buck for about 400-500 yards to where he crossed a small drainage ditch. On the other side of the ditch was by far the most blood I’ve seen on any track I’ve been on so far. It looked like something out of a Quentin Tarrantino movie. Apparently the deer had stood there all night long bleeding and bedding. That’s where we got him up still good and alive. I think the hunter had only grazed him on the first shot and he was only wounded on his face.

We got in behind him and went for close to ¾ of a mile in a big circle trying to get him to hold up before the hunter told me to call off the dogs. I think he had all the walking he could take at that point. It was just as well though because the deer wasn’t gonna hold up for us. They had seen this deer before and had been getting lots of pics of him on camera so hopefully he’ll come back out so someone can finish him off. He’s doomed to surely die with his jaw blown off.

Last edited by CNC; 12/12/17 07:08 AM.

We dont rent pigs