Pulled the trigger on a new GMC last night. My 06 Chevy was a good truck and would have run longer but I drive a lot every day so it was time. I had that truck a long time so it was tough letting it go. Isn’t it crazy how attached we get to inanimate objects? Obviously it’s the memories attached to it. It was the first truck I bought with my own money. I found it online back in 2008 in TN so me and dad got up one morning early, stopped at McDonald’s on south parkway in Huntsville and pigged out on pancakes. Then we drove up to TN and brought it home. I had saved up a lot moving furniture at Two Men and a Truck but was about $8k short so had planned to finance it and pay it off in 12 months. I was about to graduate from UA and dad said he didn’t want me starting out in debt and since I had worked so hard in school his graduation present to me was enough to cover the difference. So, partly with my own money.

The first time I met my wife was in that truck. We had a mutual friend that introduced us on a blind date. I drove so the first conversation we had was in it.

I took my lab, Chief, home as a puppy with him curled up in the front seat on a towel asleep.

I proposed to my wife on Thanksgiving near my parents’ house (I did it that day so the whole family would be there) and it was the truck I drove us back to my parents’ house in.

It was the truck I drove over to the Dr’s office the day we found out my dad had cancer. Obviously not a good memory but I drove it over to the same office the day we found out he was in complete remission.

The list goes on...it was a good truck. On another note, this new one is sweet. grin

Last edited by Recurve; 11/17/17 06:07 AM.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan