Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
Originally Posted By: outdoorobsession
Originally Posted By: tbest3
Sounds like a heck of a hunt. Congrats.

Yep, just wished ole yekrut was there!

I guarantee you hed like deer hunting a lot more calling em in like a gobbler and shooting him in the neck!

It would make a deer hunter out of him for sure!

Ha, sounds like TN during the rut. Hit the horns and the grunt call and here they come. I’ve done it a ton over the years, but seriously hate shooting a deer. I used to walk around and setup and call just like turkey hunting but near a bedding area. Sometimes they would charge out looking for a fight.

I guess it’s the dragging, gutting, and skinning combined with the massive amount of deer we have on the places we hunt that has ruined it for me. It’s not a challenge to go see a deer to shoot so I just lost the drive. I’ll like my son get the excitement and teach him all I know.

Congrats on the great deer!

Thanks Brandon..but I thought youd appreciate shooting him like that. I always used to say when people asked me..what critter I enjoyed hunting the most..TURKEYS!

If deer came in grunting and running to the call..Id like it a lot better..but them silly SOBs are always just sneaking around most times!

Invite me up and lets go turkey hunt some rutting bucks B! Best fun Ive had in years! Atlbravios was joking, he said I should of ran up and stood on his neck!!!! rofl thumbup beers

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 11/15/17 03:47 PM.