Well, I got a pretty nice buck in KY.

Hunted a week with bow and then 3 days with rifle.

Shot a main frame 8 with 3 stickers 3rd afternoon of rifle.

Had a lot of pictures of him and went in to a small thick hardwood ridge in the area he seemed to be bedding. Both sides of the ridge had dense cedar thickets about 50 yards away he bedded in.

We had a feed site further up that ridge and Id get a lot of pictures of him there.

I ended up walking in and setting on the ground with a small chair and some burlap camo down the ridge where the two hollers on either side fed up into the ridge. A lot of rubs going up and down the side of the holler .

It was real tight, and I could only see around 35 yards in any direction.

Put out 3 scent wicks and used some Code Red estrous Doe lure.

For those that dont think scents work,..we were driving the bucks crazy the last few days of archery with that same scent.

Had multiple bucks running into our setups. Had one group of 3 bucks come through my set up and right to the scent wicks...then sniff around them, catch a whiff of another aldeer guy I was hunting withs (atlbravos)...and they all ran up into his too, 300 yards away and they made it to him in one minute from when they left me! They were running wide open in KY this week!

One was a 120 8 point, but we both passed em all.

Everyday I had bucks coming to that scent...bought for me by old foldemup from here. Thanks Casey,..great bottle of scent!

So now I loaded up the scent wicks, set up with the wind blowing the scent into the one thicket and I was 35 yards above them. Around 4 pm I heard a loud grunt, but couldnt figure from where. A minute later, another coming closer.

I leaned to the side and using a grunt call did a doe grunt throwing it behind me like when your turkey hunting, trying to make it sound further away.
Next thing, i hear running,..and here he come!

I get my rifle up in his direction and hes running up the holler thru real thick stuff coming into the scent wicks, but then got past em and caught my scent.

He stopped and blew, but it was too thick to shoot..he started going back down the holler but caught the doe scent and stopped. I put his head in my scope and saw it was the buck I was looking for!..but still no shot except the head. Just as I was getting ready to head shoot him, he blew again and stuck that neck out and I took the shot.

He dropped right there!

Was like a turkey hunt to be honest...called him in and shot him in the neck!
Heres some pics:

[img:center][/img] [img:center]https://postimg.org/image/59380u02j/[/img]

[img:center][/img]

Last edited by outdoorobsession; 11/17/17 04:47 AM.