Originally Posted By: Irishguy
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
seemed like ol Nick was coaching AU and Gus had the helm for Bama yesterday. Never expected either outcome like it was.

It didn't look that way to me. I didn't see Alabama try to run any trick high school plays. What I saw was an Alabama team that was seriously depleted by injuries playing a very improved and physical Mississippi State team at home with a vastly improved quarterback at the helm pulling out all the stops to beat the pinnacle of college football since they haven't done it since 2007. An Alabama team that showed a tremendous amount of character to pull out of that funk they were in, in an extremely hostile environment, tighten up their chin straps, stop the bulldogs, and make two critical drives to win a close ball game. That's what I saw.

What I saw with Auburn is a much maligned team playing above their normal level against a team that has been reading too much press about how great they are. What the Georgia players didn't realize was that Auburn is a very talented football team that is just poorly coached at times. Auburn still had ti run some ill conceived backyard football plays at times despite the overall excellent performance of the players on the field.

This is all the perfect scenario for the Tide in my opinion. Auburn riding high after the Georgia win and Alabama with the full understanding that you have to give every opponent your best game every week in order to survive.

Pretty spot on