Hey all, I'm usually in the Choc WMA so if you see my 2001 Red F150 stepside stop and say hi if you see me.
Not many red step-sides around here so if you see one it's probably me.
I usually drive in Rd 522/Hwy 9 right by the GW office there or at the 2nd to last road near the end of Baines Gap/Choc. Rd on the North side.

Gonna try tom. for the special gun hunt with my black powder even tho it's suppose to be near 80° both Sat/Sun.

Funny story:
I saw a nice 8+ last year that walked < 10 yds from me following a scent but I didn't get a shot. I was sitting on the side of the road down the hill with brush in front of me so I couldn't see directly below me. He walked right up thru it towards me then we about spooked each other at the same time lmao and he ran down and up the next hill. I was about 2 seconds from a shot then he walked on over the hill.
The next day someone else was there frown

Last Monday parked in a place I've never seen anyone park. Got all my stuff on, walked about 40 yds down the short semi grown road, stopped, walked over to see where this other path went down thru some thick stuff, dang deer standing down there and blew at me...ran 30 yds stopped, I couldn't see it, blew at me again..Wind was blowing at me so it didn't smell me I just spooked it.

I can't tell you how many times I've had deer bedded down < 40 yds of parking..Crazy stuff and it happens to me quiet a bit

Anyway, Good Luck everyone on the season.

Last edited by CVAwolf; 11/03/17 07:54 AM.