Originally Posted By: bowtarist
On a positive note, my collar should be arriving this Saturday. When I get back, she best tie her shoe's tight cause we got a lot to work on.

Make sure you don’t get the collar out and start shocking the dog trying to make it do what you want it to. It’ll create a negative association with the collar and the dog will not want anything to do with it. Forget it even has a shock function for several weeks, maybe more.

First time you put the collar on the dog just take it for a walk and do something fun. It’s new to the dog and you want to have a positive experience associated with it. Next begin working on the tone function. That’s the far right button that makes the collar beep. This is how you’ll control the dog on a track and bring her back to you.

The way I taught my dogs this command was with training treats. I started by simply taking them for a walk and periodically beeping the collar and giving them a treat. It’ s like Pavlov’s bell……beep the collar give the dog a treat. It won’t take them long to figure this out. Once they do then let them wander off from you 40 yards or so and then beep the collar accompanied by a “Come”……You can also put them on a stay command…..back off 40-50 yards and then beep the collar along with a “Come” command……just practice for 20 minutes or so in the afternoons or every couple days. After a few days, take the treats out of the equation and replace it with praise when she comes to you….good girl!.....and then eventually take the “Come” command out of the equation and simply beep the collar to have them come to you.

Practice this for a couple weeks until the dog has it down…..

Last edited by CNC; 11/03/17 04:48 AM.

We dont rent pigs