Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Originally Posted By: bmc77
Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Originally Posted By: ridgestalker
Originally Posted By: Ben2
If Tau played a good defense he would throw several pics. Hurts is the only starter on the team.

I would figure TAU has to practice against a pretty good defense week end and week out.

Yep...and he probably throws several picks in practice every week.

We all see Tua's talent at spinning the ball. It jumps out at you. But, we see it in games only...after the first string guys have absolutely raped, brutalized, and demoralized the other teams' defenses. Saban sees it every day in practice. Saban is paid to win football games, and will play whoever gives Bama the best opportunity to win.

We all see the frustration the receivers display when Jalen skips one to them. But, Jalen makes GOOD DECISIONS with the ball, and Tua probably just isn't there yet. Example of this? The pick 6 he threw against UT. Saban talked about it during the SEC Film Room on SEC Network. Said that in that situation, with a guy in the back of the end zone, you want to miss high to where either your guy gets it, or it's an overthrow. If the receiver had been at the front of the end zone, Saban said you want to throw low, where only your guy can get to it as well. Tua missed low to a guy in the back of the end zone, and threw a pick that was returned for a td.

Saban knows he has a beast of a team. He also knows that mistakes will do more to lose a game than most anything else. He's playing the guy he has the most confidence in to not make those mistakes.

I call bullsh*t on this, Jalen starts out of respect for the experience and game management he has shown.He SHOULD be the starter until he can't get it done.Alabana has yet to play a defense that can go toe to toe 4 qtrs.But it's on the way because in November the chit is gonna hit the fan.There will be a time perhaps even in the LSU game where Jalen has less than a 100 yards passing in the 2nd half and is just holding the ball. What will happen then?There are a half dozen 5 star receivers on this team and Ridley is the only one used by Jalen game in game out.The proof will be in the pudding,Alabama will need some down field passing against LSU,MSU, and damn sure will need it versus AUB and GA.

You should send Saban a resume. You've obviously got it figured out better than he does.

What's your peewee coaching record?

I haven't said 1 thing about anything Saban has done.Just gave my opinion just like you.No need to be a smart ass.