Yesterday afternoon I was passing by one of my rice fields and I saw something. I grabbed my binos and saw it was the back and ears of a hog. I grabbed my AR and took a shot right handed. I'm left handed and I thought I heard it hit but he haul his arse along a levee and I lost sight of him. I figured I missed and had stuff to do so o didn't go look.
This morning I went back by that field and saw the hogs had tore up the road around it and i decided I would go sit and watch when the weather would pass they here. Sure enough around 1700hrs I notice 4 black hogs come across a levee on the far end of the field. They are about 5-600 yards and I know they won't come to me. I watch them for about 15 mins and it gets the best of me. I grab the Marlin 308mx and take off. I ease down a field levee and put the sneak on. About half way to the hogs I find the one I shot at yesterday. A big boar and he went about150yds. I sneak to around 150 yds and I see them in the field. The 2nd crop rice is kinda tall and can only see parts of them. I get down on my knee and one steps on the levee and I decided to take the shot. The water flew off it when I hit it and then all hell broke loose. One ran across the cut I front of me and I rolled it. Turned back and I see one 2 levees down. Dropped her with a head shot. I see 2 more running but they get outa field before I could shoot. Everything calms down do I walk to where I shot the 1st hog and find blood and look a little bit and it made it into the marsh grass. I go find the sow and o turn to go find the 2nd hog I shot and I see 2 ears looking at me. I let the mx bark and shot it in the face. I walk over and find it. Now it's starting to get dark and I lost track of where I shot the 2nd hog. All this time it's raining and the temp is dropping so I take the long trip back to the truck. Grabbed the 4 wheeler and went pick the up and brought them to some less fortunate people down the rd from my house.
This it the boar I shot yesterday.

The 2 this afternoon. That is 31 for the year so far. I'm going back and look for the other 2 in the morning.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.