After hearing and getting excited about how much Hurts has improved all summer, I can honestly say that he has regressed. Just look at his deep ball numbers...if I remember right, he has had only one pass over 30 yards for a completion in the air (fsu) and has overthrown every single one of them. Sure Tua has played vs tired defenses at the ends of games, but with the nfl throws the guy is making, there is a huge spark when he comes in. After watching the Tennessee game, I'm sold that Jalen may not have his spot next year because Tua is just that good. You can't tell me that Tenn. defense(2nd rated pass defense btw) was tired at the beginning of the second half when Tua took over. Even on the short swing throws, Hurts was throwing behind receivers.

Sure, Hurts has only lost one game as a starter, but honestly, he has played terrible vs just about every good defense Bama has played. If it wasn't for the running backs, I can assure you that there would be more losses on the board. Look at the number of recievers catching the ball with Jalen compared to that of Hurts...shows that Hurts still isn't going through progressions, while Tua from his first snap has (I was watching every snap). All I am saying is that while it's Hurts' spot to lose, next year's qb battle will be interesting...

Last edited by Gobble4me757; 10/26/17 08:46 PM.

2017 Team Aldeer Turkey Contest Champion
2018 Team Aldeer Turkey Contest Champion