I decided to go sit in my shooting house after the weather straightened up yesterday afternoon. At 1830hrs I catch movement on a lane that leads to my food plot. I grab my binos and see it's a decent 8pt. Never had any pics of this buck and he looked like an older buck. I get set up on him and he steps into the plot at 140yds and I let the 6.8 bark. He spins and hauls his arse and shows no sign of a hit. I watch him run to the tree line and he stops. All I can see is his head. He looks around for a second or 2 and he gone. Now I'm sitting there scratching my head and wondering what the heck just happened and how could I miss this deer. I give it a little time and I walk to the lane he was on. I found his running tracks and no blood. I follow lane to where he stopped and there I find a couple drops of dark blood. My heart drops as I know this ain't good. I find another couple drops for about 30yds and than nothing. I back out and head home. Gave it about 3 hrs and I went back with my dog. She got on the trail right away and we went across and old pasture into and bad jungle of a grown up field. I call her off and decided to wait till morning. We went back this morning and just as I thought,we found nothing. I have no idea where I hit it but I believe with all my heart he is out there alive and well. I checked my camera today and this buck showed up last week.

This is him and he walked out in this plot.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.