I got a call to track yesterday around 1. Hunter said he shot a good buck at 15 yards broadside. Deer ran 20 yards and stopped he then turned and walked off. Hunter said he could see blood and stringy stuff running from the exit wound. I told him I'd be on my way. Deer was shot at 8am and I didn't get there til 2. They lost blood about 60 yards from the hit sight. I started at the arrow and Spark took off right down the trail. She went on past last blood and she kept working her way pulling hard and I felt she was on the deer. She took us to a fence line and wanted to go in the open field and I just didn't see that buck doing that and I felt like we needed to go back to the hit site and try again. On the way back to the hit site, we happened up on blood that confirmed the deer had doubled back. I led spark to the hit site and off we go again. Same route back to the open field. I know for sure this deer doubled back and she's not showing it. By this time, she was spent. Breathing hard and very tired. I continued to help the hunter look for the deer with no luck.

He had called another tracker earlier in the day and he was hung up. I told him to call a more experienced dog bc I believed the deer was dead. I was wanting to be there when the other dog showed just to see where mine went wrong but it was around midnight when they started and I'd been up since 3 am.

I woke up this morning with pics of the deer. I don't know the story yet, but I'll relay it when I know.

Kind of embarrassing on my end but I know she's still young and inexperienced.